Monday 9 December 2019

Poem: London, Lindisfarne, Learning, Living & Loving


Poem: London, Lindisfarne, Learning, Living & Loving 
By Will Lyon Tupman. Written during a retreat at Lindisfarne with King's Chaplaincy, summer 2019. 
A poem reflecting on my time at King's, my studies, my retreat, what I love about London, & my hopes & dreams for the future. 
Composed by writing a set of one-line reflective sentences, before rearranging them into a new order. 
I've loved studying Theology at King's and Girton. 
And photographing a place as beautiful as Lindisfarne has been thrilling; 
I love to run in lots of London Parks – Richmond, Wimbledon, Ally Pally. 
Go to the Ice Bar in Mayfair; it's very cool! 


Eating with one another has been wonderful. 
An afternoon tea with cake at Paul, please. 
Have a G&T at The Duck with Aleksandra and Sophia; 
And I've lost count of the different types of Mead I've tasted! 


Come to Evensong and Eucharist at King's Chapel! 
The heartbeat of Mass, Morning & Evening Prayer. 
Praying for peace around the world – just like at Lindisfarne. 


Writing sermons with the aid of Theology is always fun! 
Theology aids my faith; faith aids my theology. 
I love using my theology to help others explore faith. 
I wonder what I'll study next, at Westcott House! 


I hope to meet lots of new people in my ministry. 
I hope to minister God's Grace in many different places. 
I hope to be there for those in need – especially if others aren't. 


I hope to always keep learning; discerning; being formed. 
I hope to be exactly the Priest God is calling me to be. 
I hope to always be a good Christian, friend, family member; me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment